Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sworn-In!

I am now officially a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Republic of Mali! Yesterday morning, at the American Embassy, myself and 80 fellow Peace Corps Trainees in my stage, including 18 trainees in Water and Sanitation, were officially sworn-in as Peace Corps Volunteers. We spent the night out in Bamako, before coming back to Tubaniso for one last night tonight. Tomorrow, we will be splitting off to our respective regional capitals. I will spend 3 nights in Ségou, after which I will be installed Wednesday in my village for my two-year post. Times, they are a changin'!
2010-2012 Peace Corps Mali Water and Sanitation Volunteers (Thanks, Lindsey for the Pic!).

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mike, you are now amongst the elite in Mali. You continue to make all of us proud of you. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations also mike, very very proud of what you are doing for the people, and yourself.your skills will help so so many folks. you have a wonderful heart and will take you a long way. buy the way, going to try and get a care pkg to you---if you have any needs,let kimmy,and i know. we don't want to send all the same. miss you and lots of love,stan and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeeeez is that Dan Thibert in the back right corner??? I would say that you look just like your father but you're too skinny! hahaha...but anyways congrats I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete